If your family grows and evolves, you may consider ways to use your current living space more creatively, consider moving to a larger or more functional home, or consider adding on to your existing home. You might want to consider investing in a part of your home that is likely to be underutilized and can provide the perfect solution to your need for more space: your unfinished basement.
Gregory Construction’s team of experts can help you turn the dark, damp space under your home into a comfortable, functional space with professional design-build services from conception to completion.
Elements of Basement Design
You should consider the following points before converting your unfinished basement into a usable space:
- Hire the best. You can find a variety of problems in an unfinished basement, from moisture problems to lack of ventilation. Before finishing your basement, hire a remodeling company that is experienced, qualified, and will assess the condition of your basement and develop solutions to eliminate structural and environmental concerns.
- Consider the future. Taking into account your future needs can prevent additional remodeling down the road.
- Make comfort a priority. Invest your money wisely by paying attention to areas that can impact your comfort and satisfaction, such as heat, lighting, and air flow.
- Think about resale. Choose neutral finishes and floor coverings if you plan on selling your home within the next few years.
- Get creative! You can do so much with a basement remodel. Our clients are encouraged to come up with the wildest ideas so that your new basement will perfectly fit your needs and personality.
Basement Remodeling Ideas
Unfinished basements are blank canvases that can be converted into livable spaces for your entire family. Gregory Contracting can build any dream you have, including the following options:
- Children’s play area – By incorporating built-in shelving, you can keep clutter at bay and allow your children to explore, play, and make noise while the main floor remains organized and quiet.
- Make your home office an inviting space where you can work on your business or where your children can do their homework. Customize your desk to fit your printer, computer, and other technology (and its wires).
- Use your own home space for exercise instead of going to a gym. Install a floor tile that’s equipment-friendly and won’t tarnish over time, as well as floor-to-ceiling mirrors and soundproof walls so you can blast your favorite workout jams via your built-in entertainment center.
- Our guests can stretch out or sleep late in their own private suite, complete with bedroom and bathroom, where they will feel pampered and appreciated. Not only does this allow your friend or family member to relax in their own space, but also adds incredible value to your home.
- A media room or theater is a great place to enjoy family time watching movies or sports games. Soundproofing materials can be used to prevent noise from your sound system from traveling upstairs in a basement, which is naturally dark.
- Wine cellar – You can enjoy the ultimate luxury by installing a wine cellar, where cooler temperatures provide the ideal environment for storing wine.
To begin the transformation of your unfinished basement, contact Gregory Contracting today by phone or online.