In the spring, many homeowners begin home renovation projects that will increase the curb appeal and value of their home. And adding a lovely, inviting porch, patio, or deck to your home’s area while also providing more ways to enjoy the outside as the weather heats up is a terrific way to achieve both.
Spring is the ideal season to expand and improve your home’s exterior spaces.
Here are some of the benefits of purchasing a patio, deck, or porch this year. Allows you to enjoy life more fully. Adding outside spaces to your house, such as patios, decks, and porches, enhances the amount of space available for the lifestyle you like.
These places can provide you with:
• Additional seats for visitors when you’re entertaining
• Private outside areas where you can rest and enjoy the weather
• More living space, which appeals to homebuyers
It is cost effective. Outdoor spaces like decks, porches, and patios are a cost-effective way to add charm to your home. Take a look at these money-saving facts:
• Adding an outdoor space often does not necessitate the purchase of drywall, carpeting, tile, plumbing, insulation, or other comparable materials that might be costly when constructing a new room.
• Because house buyers favor excellent outdoor spaces, adding a porch, deck, or patio might increase the perceived value of your home if you want to sell it.
One of the most tempting features of adding a porch, deck, or patio to your house is how much better you can enjoy the outdoors.
Your outdoor space can:
• Provide firm, comfortable flooring to walk barefoot on
• Provide a roof to shield you from the sun and rain
• Screen out insects and pests
• Keep the space cool on hot days so it’s more comfortable to be outside
• Give you a fun, relaxing space to enjoy the fresh air depending on the features you install and the time of year
Provides a comfortable environment for visitors
If you like to invite family and friends outside when the weather is beautiful, you already know that the environment and amenities you give may elevate your outdoor gatherings.
Guests can enjoy:
• The same comfortable, inviting space that your indoor areas offer, making it more enjoyable for guests to spend time outdoors with you
• Shelter from inclement weather as they approach your front door or spend time in your backyard
• A place to enjoy food and drink, conversation, and scenery — and a great way to give you more room to invite more people!
Adds a Beautiful Touch
Nothing beats a polished exterior for increasing curb appeal and increasing your satisfaction with your home’s appearance.
• A beautiful focal point to welcome in guests
• An attractive design and look that makes your home stand out as a star in its neighborhood
• A pleasing place to add touches of your personal style and extend your design tastes to the outside of your home as well as the inside of it Home improvement projects that focus on the house’s outdoor spaces can add:
As you imagine and plan your ideal outdoor living space, keep the following questions in mind to ensure that you end up with a porch, deck, or patio that is right for you and your home:
How much room do you require?
If you want to regularly entertain large people outside, or if your family is large and enjoys grilling all summer, include a deck with enough space for a grill or two and plenty of seating.
Do you like an open space or a confined space?
Large, slow, relaxed summer get-togethers might be appropriate on an open deck that extends organically into your backyard.n For those who desire solitude and peaceful alone time, a screened-in patio is a wonderful alternative. A covered porch with glass windows protects costly things like a stereo system, beloved books, or distinctive furnishings from burglars and the elements.
What aspects of design are most important to you?
Do you want a room that can handle the rigors of energetic young children and grandchildren? Do you want a room with plenty of locations to hang twinkle lights? Do you want a luxury barbecue built-in or exciting additions like a chimenea or a freestanding firepit?
Enhance Your Chisago Home with Beautiful Outdoor Spaces
Your home should be a welcoming, comfortable haven that complements your lifestyle both inside and out. Adding a deck, porch, or patio—or replacing an old, worn existing one with a fresh, new, beautiful version—is a great home improvement project that will boost your home’s value and your enjoyment of it all year long.
Gregory Contracting enjoys helping Chisago area homeowners realize their aspirations of having attractive, high-performing outside areas that allow them to live life to the fullest.
And there’s no better time than now to start planning and constructing the porch, patio, or deck you’ve always wanted.
We use the only premier, attractive, long-lasting building materials to create decks, porches, and patios that homeowners are happy to come home to. And if you have a special request or unique design idea you’d like to realize, tell us about it—we love finding ways to create the home exterior you’re craving. Simply schedule a consultation and a free quote to get started on making the most of your home’s outdoor spaces this year.